Terms and Conditions of Sale
Terms and Conditions of Sale
This website is operated by Raffles Jewellers Ltd (referred to as Raffles Jewellers/Edward and Bailey/ we/our/us)
- "Buyer" means the individual or organisation who buys or agrees to buy the Goods from the Seller;
- "Consumer" shall have the meaning ascribed in section 12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977;
- "Contract" means the contract between the Seller and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of Goods incorporating these Terms and Conditions;
- "Goods" means the articles that the Buyer agrees to buy from the Seller;
- "Seller" means Raffles Jewellers Ltd 32 Brunswick Arcade, The Airedale Centre, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD21 2BQ that owns and operates Raffles Jewellers;
- "Terms and Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this agreement and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller;
- "RRP" means Insurance Value if Pre-Owned,in shop price, and Recommended Retail Price if new.
- "Website" means Raffles Jewellers.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the Buyer's statutory rights as a Consumer.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Buyer.
- Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer's acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any variation to these Terms and Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Seller.
- Any complaints should be addressed to the Seller's address stated in clause 1.5.
- All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and are subject to acceptance by the Seller. The Seller may choose not to accept an order for any reason.
- Where the Goods ordered by the Buyer are not available from stock the Buyer shall be notified and given the option to either wait until the Goods are available from stock or cancel the order and receive a full refund within 28 days.
- When making an order through the Website, the technical steps the Buyer needs to take to complete the order process are described in the about us section.
- Due to stone weights and quality being estimated while set, all stone weights and stone grades are approximate.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of the Goods shall be that stipulated on the Website. The price is inclusive of VAT. The price excludes delivery charges.
- The total purchase price, including VAT and delivery charges, if any, will be displayed in the Buyer's shopping cart prior to confirming the order.
- After the order is received the Seller shall confirm by email the details, description and price for the Goods together with information on the right to cancel if the Buyer is a Consumer.
- Payment of the price plus VAT and delivery charges must be made in full before dispatch of the Goods.
- RIGHTS OF SELLER
- The Seller reserves the right to periodically update prices on the Website, which cannot be guaranteed for any period of time. The Seller shall make every effort to ensure prices are correct at the point at which the Buyer places an order.
- The Seller reserves the right to withdraw any Goods from the Website at any time.
- The Seller shall not be liable to anyone for withdrawing any Goods from the Website or for refusing to process an order.
- AGE OF CONSENT
- Where Goods may only be purchased by persons of a certain age the Buyer will be asked when placing an order to declare that they are of the appropriate legal age to purchase the Goods.
- By using this website you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. If you are not at least 18 years old, by using this website you confirm that you have the authority of your guardian or parent to use this website.
- If the Seller discovers that the Buyer is not legally entitled to order certain Goods, the Seller shall be entitled to cancel the order immediately, without notice.
- Goods supplied within the UK will normally be delivered within 14 working days of acceptance of order unless different delivery time stated.
- This website is only for sale and delivery of products in the UK, including Northern Ireland. We cannot deliver overseas or to Southern Ireland.
- Where a specific delivery date has been agreed, and where this delivery date cannot be met, the Buyer will be notified and given the opportunity to agree a new delivery date or receive a full refund.
- The Seller shall use its reasonable endeavours to meet any date agreed for delivery. In any event time of delivery shall not be of the essence and the Seller shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the Buyer or any third party arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery date.
- Delivery of the Goods shall be made to the Buyer's address specified in the order and the Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
- Risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery of the Goods, or where the Buyer fails to take delivery at the agreed time, at the time delivery was attempted.
- Title in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until payment of the price has been made in full.
- CANCELLATION AND RETURN
- If you are a consumer you have the right, in addition to your other rights, to cancel the Contract and receive a refund by informing the Seller in writing within 7 working days of receipt of the Goods. The right to cancel does not apply to contracts for the supply of software, audio or visual recordings if these have been unsealed by the Consumer
- The Buyer shall inspect the Goods immediately upon receipt and shall notify the Seller within 7 days if the Goods are damaged or do not comply with any of the Contract. Goods should be returned with original gift box and any certificates (where applicable) in unused condition. If the Buyer fails to do so the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods.
- Where a claim of defect or damage is made, the Goods shall be returned by the Buyer to the Seller within 28 days of delivery. The Buyer shall be entitled to a replacement or a full refund (including delivery costs) plus any return postal charges if the Goods are in fact defective.
- Where a product is highlighted with an SP, this indicates a special order and is non-returnable unless the item is found to be faulty due to manufacture. All platinum sales will be deemed as special orders and non returnable.
- Goods must be returned by the Buyer at the Buyer's expense within 28 days of cancellation in the original packaging and should be adequately insured during the return journey. The Buyer will receive a refund of all monies paid for the Goods (including delivery charges, if any) except for return postal charges. If the Buyer fails to return the Goods following cancellation, the Seller shall be entitled to deduct the cost of recovering the Goods from the Buyer.
- Goods to be returned must clearly show the order number obtained from the Seller on the package. Where returned Goods are found to be damaged due to the Buyer's fault the Buyer will be liable for the cost of remedying such damage.
- Due to health and safety, earrings will only be accepted on return if all labels are in tact and the sealed packaging is unbroken (where applicable).
- GIFT VOUCHERS
- In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the following terms and conditions shall apply to the sale of gift vouchers:
- Gift vouchers will be dispatched within 7 days of acceptance of order and will be delivered by post or e-mail coupon. Payment must be made via the website payment system.
- The Buyer must notify the Seller of any discrepancy in a delivery as soon as possible but in any event within 7 days of the delivery of the vouchers.
- Risk of loss, destruction or damage to the vouchers remains with the Seller until delivery to the Buyer where upon risk shall pass to the Buyer.
- Gift vouchers may be exchanged for goods at Raffles Jewellers. Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash in part or whole. Vouchers are not sold on a sale or return basis and no return will be permitted unless it can be demonstrated that the Seller has been in error in fulfilling the Buyer's order.
- Gift vouchers are valid for one year from the date of purchase and cannot be renewed once they have expired. Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or damaged.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Except as may be implied by law where the Buyer is dealing as a Consumer, in the event of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Seller the remedies of the Buyer shall be limited to damages which shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the Goods and the Seller shall under no circumstances be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatever.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Seller for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Seller or that of the Seller's agents or employees.
No waiver by the Seller (whether express or implied) in enforcing any of its rights under this contract shall prejudice its rights to do so in the future.
- FORCE MAJEURE
The Seller shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, failure of any communications, telecommunications or computer system, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, delay by Raffles Jewellers supplier, and the Seller shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
- CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Seller shall be entitled to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time but this right shall not affect the existing Terms and Conditions accepted by the Buyer upon making a purchase.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- PAWN BROKING COMPLAINTS AND OMBUDSMAN SCHEME
If you are not satisfied with the Pawn Broking Service, we have a written complaint handling procedure that you can use to resolve such matters, which is available on request.
Our complaints handling process is as follows
We consider a complaint to be:
Any oral or written expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, from or on behalf of, or failure to provide, a financial service which:
Alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, material distress of material in convenience; and relates to an activity of our firm which is subject to the jurisdiction of the FOS.
We will provide a copy of this documented process on request and when acknowledging a complaint. There will be no charge for this A complaint can be made and received via any reasonable means , including letter, telephone (at standard rates), email, or in person
Making a complaint
We do not make a charge for handling a complaint If you wish to make a complaint, please contact.
Raffles Jewellers Ltd
32 Brunswick Arcade,
The Airedale Centre
Tel : 01535 663266
Acknowledging your complaint
If your complaint cannot be resolved with in 72 hours of following its receipt, we will promptly send you a written acknowledgment of you complaint.
If you make an oral complaint, our written acknowledgement will set out our understanding of your complaint.
Reviewing your complaint
Your complaint will be investigated diligently and will be fairly , consistently and promptly.
We may ask you to submit copies of documentation and may request further information from you to assist us with our investigation.
Keeping you informed
If your complaint cannot be resolved within 72 hours following its receipt, we will ensure that you are regularly kept informed of our progress with regards to the investigation into your complaint
We will undertake a thorough and timely investigation of your complaint. However in the event that we are unable to conclude our enquiries within 56 days, we will write to you and let you know when we expect to issue our final response letter.
We will also provide you with the details of your right to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The FOS can be contacted as follows:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0845 080 1800
Resolving your complaintWhen we have finalised our investigation into your complaint, we will issue or final response letter.
Our final response letter will:
1. Be fair, clear and not misleading
2.Confirm details of our investigation
3.If relevant, include any offer of remedial action or the appropriate level of redress(or both)
4.Any next steps
If you're unhappy with our decision and wish to take it further, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to look at your complaint. This is a free, independent service for resolving disputes. If you decide to refer your complaint after we've issued or final response , you should do so within 6 months of the date on our final response letter.
Although you can refer your complaint to the FOS at any time , they will require our consent to investigate complaints where:
We haven't had the chance to put things right.
We haven't exceeded the 56-day timescale and haven't yet issued our final response .
If your complaint can be resolved within 72 hours, 3 working days, we will send you a summary resolution communication letter to advise you how we have resolved the complaint, any further actions we are to take or the appropriate level of redress(or both), and again we will refer you to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are not satisfied with our handling of the complaintWe will take into account any documents and/or information you may provide in relation to your complaint
An explanatory FOS leaflet will be provided
Raffles Jewellers Ltd
32 Brunswick Arcade,
The Airedale Centre
Registered Company Number 04339986Contact Address : Raffles Jewellers Ltd
Edward and Bailey
32 Brunswick Arcade,
The Airedale Centre
BD21 3QB Tel: 01535 663266 firstname.lastname@example.org