Our Privacy notice
Raffles Jewellers Limited Privacy notice
This explains how are why we acquire and use your personal information in accordance with Regulation (EU)2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR)
We may collect information about you:
as part of your loan application and for the purposes of managing your loan agreement from you, from public records and from third parties with your consent.This includes your name, date of birth, contact details, employment information, credit record and your agreement history.
We use your information to:
- Communicate with you by telephone, email, SMS, or post using the contact details you have provided
- Manage your account
- Prevent fraud and money laundering
- We may use your data for the above purposes to fulfil our legitimate interest of managing our legal agreement with you and where otherwise required to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and where permitted by the GDPR.If you do not provide us wit your personal information, we will not be able to lend to you.
- We may also use your information for other purposes where you have consented to this (see below).
We may share your information with:
Third parties to which we transfer, charge or assign your agreement or which provides services for us
law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where we are required to do so by law
We store your information:
Within the European Economic Area (EEA)
If we transfer data outside the EEA we will ensure that before we do so , there is adequate protection in place to ensure the security of your data.
We Keep your information:
- For as long as it is needed to manage your account and for a maximum of six years unless a longer period is required by law.
You have the right to:
1 access the information we hold about you
2.as us to make any changes to your information to make sure it is accurate and up to date
3.as us to stop or limit our use of or delete your information(we are not obliged to do this in relation to information we need as part of our contractual relationship)
4.receive your information in a format that suits you.
5.transfer your information to a third party.
- If you have a question, want to exercise your rights or make a complaint , please contact us.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint you may contact the Financial Ombudsman service at:
- Financial Ombudsman Service
- Exchange Tower
- E14 9SR
- Tel: 08000 234 567
You also have the right to complain to the information Commissioner's Office at Wycliffe House
Water Lane , Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF . www.ico.org.uk
We may contact you by post email, SMS or telephone for the purposes of marketing our products nd services; please tick the box in note 6 on your contract if you do not wish to receive such marketing
Raffles Jewellers are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- When you order, we need to know your details. This allows us to process and fulfill your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
- We will only contact you with your consent. I.e. logging onto Mail List
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
We use a technology called "cookies" as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
- In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
- If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at through our telephone number, e-mail or our address. See website below for our address.
Raffles Jewellers Ltd
32 Brunswick Arcade,
The Airedale Centre